Finley Structures is recruiting two Quantity Surveyor roles.
The family-run firm wants to recruit a quantity surveyor, and a senior quantity surveyor.
– Negotiate subcontract and warranty agreements and flag up any particular risks to the project team.
– Manage secondary subcontract accounts including procurement, interim payments and negotiating final account.
– Maximise cash flow through timely valuations of work and ensuring certifications and payment received on time.
– Ensure written variation instructions received.
– Price variations, including structural steelwork Add & Omit measures.
– Prepare and submit fully substantiated claims for extensions of time and additional costs where appropriate.
– Negotiate final account agreements.
– Produce monthly project Financial Forecast (Profit & Loss)
– Visit sites to meet with Main Contractor team and gain knowledge of the project.
– Assist with mentoring of Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Key Skills Required:
– Strong communication and negotiation skills
– Good knowledge and understanding of structural steelwork, including fabrication and erection.
– Good understanding and experience of dealing with subcontracts, particularly JCT and NEC.
– Excellent numeracy.
– Highly competent in MS Office skills, particularly excel and word.
– Precise attention to detail.
– Good organisation and time management skills.
– Driving licence.
Those interested should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org